An Overview of CNC Routers Manufactured in China(compression strength of steel Alva)
- source:TAMIKO CNC Machining
Many of the largest CNC router brands operating in China include Biesse, Homag, SCM, CMT, and Jinan Shangmu Tech. These companies manufacture gantry routers, machining centers, nesting machines, and other specialized CNC router configurations. Companies like Biesse and Homag originated in Europe but have since expanded production into China to take advantage of the favorable business conditions.
How CNC Routers Are Manufactured in China
The manufacturing process for CNC routers in China generally includes the following key steps:
- Design and Engineering - The machine is designed using CAD software, with engineers creating technical drawings and specifying components.
- Sourcing Materials and Components - Materials like aluminum, steel, and plastic are procured from suppliers. Critical components like spindles, motors, controllers, and rails are sourced from specialty manufacturers.
- Machining and Fabricating - The structural frame and gantry are fabricated by CNC machining centers. Additional metal and plastic components are machined to specifications.
- Subassembly - Major subcomponents like the spindle, controller cabinet, and axis drives are assembled. Quality control testing validates subassembly function.
- Final Assembly - The frame, gantry, linear rails, work table, and covers come together during final assembly. Wiring harnesses are connected.
- Testing and Commissioning - Once assembled, the CNC router undergoes final testing to confirm accurate movements, speeds, and working dimensions. It is also tested for safety.
- Packaging and Shipping - The machine is then cleaned, lubricated, and packaged securely in wood crates for shipping. Most CNC routers are shipped fully assembled due to their size and weight.
- Installation and Training - For many commercial machines, Chinese manufacturers will commission the CNC router on-site, which includes installation, calibration, and training operators on usage.
Key Components of Chinese CNC Routers
- Machine Frame and Gantry - The frame provides a stable platform for the machine, while the gantry consists of beams that span the working area and mount the cutting head. These are fabricated from steel or aluminum.
- Linear Rails and Bearings - Precision linear rails, rack and pinions, or ballscrews are used to guide gantry and cutting head movements in the X, Y and Z axes. Recirculating ball bearings on the guide rails enable smooth motion.
- Spindle and Cutting Head - The electro-spindle rotates the cutting tool at high speeds from 10,000 to 24,000 RPM. Air-cooled or liquid-cooled spindles are used depending on power and speed requirements. Automatic tool changers are common on larger machines.
- CNC Controller - The controller box houses microprocessors and circuit boards that interpret CAD/CAM toolpaths and direct axis motors accordingly. Many Chinese CNC routers utilize advanced digital drives and motion control systems.
- Motors - Stepping motors or servo motors power the linear axis movements and spindle rotation. They receive signals from the CNC controller and power supply.
- Working Table - Materials are placed on the working table for machining. Vacuum hold-down, T-slot tables, and fixtures secure the workpiece. Conveyor or rotary tables are used on high-production machines.
- Computer and Software - CNC routers are programmed through CAM software that converts the CAD model into machine code (G-code). The computer then transfers the toolpaths to the CNC machine.
Advantages of Chinese CNC Routers
There are several advantages that Chinese CNC router manufacturers can offer buyers:
- Lower Production Costs - Labor rates and facility costs are less expensive compared to Europe and North America. Highly skilled workforce.
- Large Manufacturing Capabilities - Massive facilities with extensive machine resources, workforce, and supply chain networks in China. Able to scale production.
- Mature Infrastructure - Extensive seaports, highways, railroads, airports, and utilities support manufacturing and transportation of CNC routers.
- Technical Support - Many Chinese companies have multilingual engineers that can provide remote and on-site technical support, machine service, software installation, and operator training.
- Customization - Chinese OEMs work with customers to tailor CNC routers to their specifications in terms of size, capabilities, controls, and features.
- R&D Investments - Many manufacturers actively invest in their engineering, designing larger and more advanced CNC routers using the latest technologies.
- Government Subsidies - Chinese government programs incentivize manufacturing, innovation, and exports in the machine tool sector. This creates a competitive advantage.
In summary, CNC router manufacturing has grown enormously in China thanks to the nation's business environment, infrastructure, skilled workforce, and targeted government policies. Chinese CNC router companies offer full-featured yet affordable machines that compete globally, though quality can vary between firms. With expanded R&D and quality control, China is poised to become an even larger player in the global CNC router market. CNC Milling CNC Machining